Community Alternative Program for
Disabled Adults and Children (CAP-DA/C)
CAP-DA is a Medicaid funded program that allows individuals who are at least 18 years of age or older to live in a private home rather than a nursing home. CAP-C is a program for disabled children under the age of 19 who have serious medical conditions requiring long-term care.
Granville Health System has on staff registered nurses and social workers who meet with individuals and their caregivers to identify the individual’s strengths and needs. The person is then given a case manager who will develop a plan of care that builds on the strengths and needs identified. The case manager remains a part of the care for that individual throughout their participation in the CAP-DA or CAP-C program.
To be eligible for CAP-DA or CAP-C services, the following conditions must be met by the individual:
- Eligible for Medicaid under CAP-DA or CAP-C according to the Department of Social Services
- Lives in a private residence and is at risk of being placed in a nursing home, or is in a nursing home and desires to return home.
- Requires nursing facility care – either intermediate or skilled care as determined through the Medicaid prior approval process.
- Needs CAP-DA or CAP-C services to remain safely at home
**Can have his or her health, safety, and well-being maintained at home 24 hours a day, within the Medicaid cost limits.
- Desires CAP-DA or CAP-C services instead of institutional care.
Services Utilized by CAP Clients:
- In-Home Aides Services - Personal care and light housekeeping
- Adult Day Care - Harold Sherman Adult Day Center, 1-5 days per week Monday – Friday to assist with personal care, activities and socialization
- Waiver Supplies - Incontinence undergarments, oral nutritional supplies, medication boxes, etc.
- Home Mobility Aides - Wheelchair ramps, safety rails, grab bars, etc.
- Respite Care - In home and institutional
- Telephone Alert
If you have a family member or friend who could benefit from this program, please call Granville Health System’s CAP-DA or CAP-C Program. We will be happy to answer all your questions and assist you in your health needs. For more information call: 919.690.3480 or 919.690.3481 or 919.690.3298.
Referrals may be made by physicians, nursing homes, Social Services, clergy, or others concerned about the welfare of an individual. Individuals may also inquire about the program on their own behalf.
Community Alternative Program for Disabled Adults and Children
1010 College Street • P.O. Box 947 • Oxford, NC 27565
Phone: 919.690.3480 or 919.690.3481 or 919.690.3298