Coming together to support stroke care in the community
Granville Health System is pleased to offer stroke care services through a partnership with leading stroke care providers beginning Monday, December 17, 2012. Using innovative TeleStroke equipment and tertiary care from WakeMed, a Joint Commission-certified primary stroke center. Wake Forest Baptist will provide neurology consulting services. Granville Health System stroke patients receive timely care especially when time is of the essence.
The TeleStroke system carts provide two-way live video, audio and image-sharing system to consulting neurologists from Wake Forest Baptist, who can evaluate a GHS patient in real time to quickly and accurately assess and treat patients who may be experiencing a stroke. As another layer of the TeleStroke partnership, GHS stroke patients will have streamlined access to WakeMed for advanced and tertiary care as well as post-stroke care.
The physician at Granville Health System reviews the patient's status, determining the need for stroke evaluation.
- When appropriate, the TeleStroke cart is moved to the patient's bedside
- The patient and physician speak directly to the Wake Forest Baptist Telestroke physician through live video and audio teleconferencing
- When necessary, a patient may be transferred to WakeMed Health & Hospitals for specialized neurological care
Wake Forest Baptist Health offers:
- Stroke experts are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide care to patients at partner hospitals
- When contacted by Granville Health System, a TeleStroke physician from Wake Forest Baptist evaluates the patient's information and condition through live video and audio teleconferencing
- The TeleStroke physician examines the patient to evaluate if a stroke has occurred and the severity
- The Wake Forest Baptist Telestroke physician works with the GHS Emergency Department physicians to develop the best treatment plan for the patient
WakeMed Health & Hospitals offers:
- Transport of stroke patients from Granville Health System to WakeMed using WakeMed's Mobile Critical Care Services
- Neurosurgical and Neuro-Interventional Services
- Neuro-Intensive Care post procedure
- Neurosciences Unit nursing care for recovery
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Discharge Planning Assistance
- Additional rehab services if needed at WakeMed Rehabilitation Hospital
To see the warning signs of a stroke, click here.