How To Choose A Provider
Choosing a provider is one of the most important decisions you will ever have to make. As when making any important decision, you should research all of your options and learn as much as you can. Provided below are a few factors that you may want to consider:
- What is the educational background, training and specialty board certification of the provider?
- Does the provider practice accept your type of insurance?
- Do you want to drive to Durham, Raleigh or Henderson if the same service and level of care can be found locally?
- To which hospitals does the provier have admitting privileges? Would you want to receive care in that hospital if needed?
- What is the communication style of the physician? Is he/she someone you can relate to?
- If you develop a complex medical condition, does the physician have successful experience treating that ailment and/or connections to more specialized physicians that do?
- How easy is it to get an appointment for a routine or an urgent visit?
- Do you have family, friends or neighbors to advise you?