Granville Health System Further Relaxes Visitor Restrictions at Granville Medical Center
Granville Health System (GHS) announced on Tuesday that it is relaxing visitation restrictions in place at Granville Medical Center.
The restrictions were put into place earlier this year to protect patients, visitors, and staff against the spread of COVID-19.
“As our community continues to open up from the stay-at-home orders, your community hospital is pleased to offer more visitation for our hospital patients,” said John F. Snow, Chief Executive Officer. “We ask for your continued cooperation with the restrictions as we work to protect our patients, staff, and community.”
These procedures and guidelines do not apply to those seeking medical treatment. All hospital services are available to the community and all physician practices are still open and offering care.
The following temporary restrictions apply to Granville Medical Center:
- Hospital inpatients may have (2) two visitors per day. The same people will serve as designated visitors throughout the stay. The visitors must remain in the patient’s room while visiting.
- Labor & Delivery patients may have (2) two caregivers. The same people will serve as designated visitors throughout the stay. The visitors must remain in the patient’s room or waiting area while visiting.
- Pediatric patients under the age of 18 in any area may have (2) two caregivers or visitors during their stay. The same people will serve as designated caregivers throughout the stay.
- Emergency Department patients may have (1) one visitor per day. The visitor must remain in the patient’s room or in the Emergency Department waiting area throughout the stay.
- The Laboratory, Imaging Department, and Surgical Services may have (1) one visitor per day. The visitor must remain in the patient’s room or in the waiting area throughout the stay.
- All caregivers and visitors will be screened upon entry to determine if they have symptoms of illness or exposure to risks. This screening includes a temperature check for each visitor. Any visitors not seeking treatment with symptoms of COVID-19 may not be permitted to visit.
- The hospital also requires all persons to sanitize their hands when entering the building.
- Visitors must bring their own mask and wear it throughout their time in the facility.
- Children 12 years of age and younger may not visit hospital patients, even when accompanied by adults. Exceptions will be considered for extraordinary circumstances.
- No visitors will be permitted overnight visitation with the exception of those supporting patients in labor.
- Patients being tested or diagnosed with COVID-19 may not have visitors
- Visiting hours are from 8:00 am until 7:00 pm.
- All hospital visitors are asked to use the front entrance of Granville Medical Center. Emergency Department patients and visitors are asked to use the emergency entrance.
Granville Medical Center may consider exceptions to any visitation procedures and guidelines on a case-by-case basis. Exceptions might include certain compassionate care situations, such as an end-of-life situation. Additionally, in lieu of visits, the facility encourages alternative means of communication such as virtual communication, including telephone calls and video communication through personal devices.
GHS physician practices: No changes to current visitation policy. Please visit ghsHospital.org for more details on visitation at the physician practices.
Brantwood Nursing & Rehab Center: No changes to current visitation policy. Please visit ghsHospital.org for more details on Brantwood visitation.
If you have questions about the restrictions in place at Granville Medical Center, please call 919.690.3000 or visit ghsHospital.org.
About Granville Health System
For more than 100 years, Granville Health System has been delivering quality health care close to home. To meet the growing needs of its community, Granville Health System has expanded its services throughout Granville County, offering convenient access to medical care where its citizens work and live. Together, our team promotes well-being, accelerates healing, and inspires hope for the communities we are honored to serve. The GHS main campus is located at 1010 College Street, Oxford, North Carolina. For more information about Granville Health System visit GHS online at ghsHospital.org.