The following visitation rules apply to Granville Health System:
- Inpatient visiting hours are from 8:00 am until 7:00 pm.
- All hospital visitors are asked to use the front entrance of Granville Medical Center. Emergency Department patients and visitors are asked to use the emergency entrance.
- One patient support person 18 or older will be permitted to stay with the patient overnight; no switching will be allowed (exceptions may be made for end-of-life care or other compassionate care needs as determined by the patient’s care team). Overnight visitors are not permitted to be in waiting areas or other public areas in the facility. They must stay in the patient’s room. If an overnight visitor leaves the hospital, the visitor will not be permitted re-entry until visiting hours begin the next day at 8:00 am.
- Children 12 years of age and younger may not visit hospital Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients, even when accompanied by adults. Exceptions will be considered for extraordinary circumstances.
- Emergency Department visitors are limited to two (2) at a time.
- Granville Medical Center may consider exceptions or restrictions to any visitation procedures and guidelines on a case-by-case basis.
The patient, and when appropriate, the patient’s representative has the right to have any concerns, complaints and grievances addressed. Sharing concerns, complaints and grievances will not compromise a patient’s care, treatment or services. If the patient has a concern, complaint, or grievance, he/she may call the Quality/Risk Department at 919-690-2147 or the Compliance Officer at 919-690-3295. The patient has the right to directly contact the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (State Survey Agency) at Complaint Hotline: 1-800-624-3004 (within N.C.) or 919-855-4500 or CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services at http://ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/ciu/filecomplaint.html or 1-800-624-3004.